All cutterpath programming is done right at each CNC machine utilizing Work NC software.
- Critical electrodes prior to EDM
- Cavity steel upon completion of build
- We use an internal machining schedule, “MS Project Master Timeline” for all CNC machines including any sub-contractors if needed.
- General Die & Engineering utilizes Microsoft Project for all planning and tracking of tool builds, detailing Engineering, to all operation in the cavities, building of the mold base, to final assembly.
- We are also capable of sampling all plastic injection molds at a nearby sampling facility. We also has the capability of sampling Die Cast die’s at an outside facility.
Our machining departments work in tandem with our Engineering department for a smooth data flow from design to steel. Our quality control system assures the most latest, most up-to-date released design data is being used in the programming for CNC machines.
General Die & Engineering provides in-house mold and die polishing. Diamond polishing is performed in an isolated room to prevent contamination. Polishing in-house assures you of fast, on-time deliveries.
General Die & Engineering has skilled polishers that are capable of providing any finish you require, from a die cast draw finish to an SPE-2 or SPE-1 diamond finish.
Manufacturing Department Contacts
Craig Karman, V.P. of Manufacturing
Phone (616) 871-1444
Tim Blake, Assistant Shop Foreman
- Die Cast Repair
- Plastic Injection Repair
- Receiving Services for Global-Sourced Tooling
Phone (616) 871-1450